- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Orpheus Island lies 24 km (15 mi) offshore of Ingham, about 80 km (50 mi) northeast of Townsville, and 190 km (118 mi) south of Cairns. The 25-minute seaplane flight from Domestic Gate Lounge 10 at Townsville Airport to Orpheus aboard a Nautilus Aviation seaplane costs A$550 per person round-trip; from Cairns it's A$950 including a connecting Qantas flight to Townsville; a mixed-port trip is A$750. Twice-daily scheduled flights depart from Townsville at 11:30 and 2:15, returning at 12:15 and 3. You can also charter flights from other mainland ports and islands. Baggage is limited to a maximum of 15 kilograms (33 pounds) per person. Excess baggage can be stored at Townsville Airport for free. Book flights with Orpheus Island Resort.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's