- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Lizard Island has its own small airstrip served by Hinterland Aviation. Hour-long flights to the island depart up to twice a day from Cairns, at 11 and 2, returning at 12:30 and 3:25; taking an hour and costing A$255 per person each way. Allow two hour's transit time for connecting international flights, one for domestic flight transits: check-in is 30 minutes prior to flight time at the Hinterland Aviation Terminal. You can also arrange charter flights to the island (1300/233–432 or 03/9426–7550).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's