- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Hinchinbrook is a 50-minute ferry ride from mainland marina Port Hinchinbrook, near Cardwell, 190 km (118 mi) south of Cairns and 161 km (100 mi) north of Townsville. Since the island's resort closed, however, scheduled ferries no longer run from Port Hinchinbrook to the island. To charter a ferry from Port Hinchinbrook, you'll need to contact Cardwell Reef and Rainforest Visitor Information Centre in advance. Hikers wishing to trek the island's renowned Thorsborne Trail can take a ferry from Lucinda, farther south.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's