- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Various ferries service the island daily, taking around 45 minutes to reach the island, departing daily at 7:30 am and 2 pm (Reefkist, A$65 round-trip), 8:30 am (Raging Thunder, A$58) and 10 am (Sunlover, A$64). All depart from the Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns, leaving the island for the return journey at 4:30 pm (Raging Thunder), 4:45 pm (Sunlover) and 5 pm (Reefkist). Cairns Dive Adventures and Sunlover Reef Cruises run daily transfers between Cairns and Fitzroy Island as part of snorkeling daytrips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's