- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fantasea Cruising Magnetic (22 Ross St., Townsville, QLD, 4810. 07/4796–9300. www.fantaseacruisingmagnetic.com.au.)
Magnetic Island Sunbus. Get an overview of Magnetic Island riding the cheap, reliable local buses, which link Picnic Point, Nelly Bay, Arcadia, and Horseshoe Bay from dawn till late, and can be hailed from the roadside. Single-fare tickets or unlimited-travel day and weekly passes are available from the driver. The bus departs at regular intervals between 5:55 am and 9:45 pm (Sunday–Wednesday), 10:25 (Thursday) and midnight (Friday–Saturday). Hail it between designated stops simply by standing at the roadside and raising your hand. 07/4778–5130. www.sunbus.com.au. A$1.80–A3.60 single trip; $A3.60–A$7.20 daily; A$14.40–A$28.80 weekly.
Magnetic Island Taxi Service (13–1008. www.131008.com.)
MI Wheels (138 Sooning St., opposite the Ferry Terminal, Nelly Bay, QLD, 4819. 07/4758–1111. www.miwheels.com.au.)
Road Runner Scooter Hire (3/64 Kelly St., Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island, QLD, 4819. 07/4778–5222.)
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, Magnetic Island (22 Hurst St., Picnic Bay, QLD, 4819. 07/4778–5378. www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/magnetic-island.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's