Great Barrier Reef Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Barrier Reef Hotel Reviews
Most inhabited islands have just one main resort, usually offering a range of lodging types and prices. Choose island destinations based on your budget and the kind of vacation you want—active, relaxed, or a mix. Offerings range from white-glove service (Lizard, Orpheus, Hayman islands) to eco-focused island resorts (Long Island). All but the most rustic and zero-footprint resorts have modern conveniences such as air-conditioning, telephones, televisions, refrigerators, and Internet access—though on some Barrier Reef islands connections can be slow and mobile phone coverage limited or non-existent.
Browse Great Barrier Reef Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe