- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Trains arrive at the Cairns Railway Station in the city center. The Sunlander, with its coach seats, luxury Queenslander-class sleeping and fine-dining carriages, makes the 31-hour journey between Brisbane and Cairns thrice-weekly in each direction (A$180.68–A$453.10). The fast, modern Tilt Train plies the coast from Brisbane to Cairns twice-weekly each way, taking just under 24 hours (A$275.52–A$344.40). The Savannahlander links Cairns and Forsyth, traveling four days through rain forest, savanna land, and Outback (A$1,160). You can also take shorter segments of all these journeys.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe