- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Between Brisbane and Cairns, the Bruce Highway rarely touches the coast. Unless you're planning to stop off en route or explore the Great Green Way, fly or take the fast Tilt Train to Cairns, renting a vehicle on arrival. Avis, Budget, Hertz and Europcar all have rental cars and four-wheel-drive vehicles available. An economical, reliable alternative is Cairns Leisure Wheels, just off Captain Cook Highway; it offers free delivery and pickup.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe