Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village
At a Glance
- terrific facilities and activities
- food is a cut above
- west-coast beaches unsuitable for 4WD vehicles
- can be short staffed during busy periods
Check Rates from our Partners
Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village Review
This stylish, high-tech marriage of glass, stainless steel, dark timber, and corrugated iron nestles in tree-covered dunes on the island's west coast. The impressive lobby, with its cathedral ceiling and polished floorboards, leads out to wraparound decks with outdoor dining areas and one of the resort's four pools. Lodgings include elegantly furnished standard rooms with balconies, lovely villas, and wilderness lodges for groups. Rangers conduct informative 4WD eco tours, free nature walks, spotlighting tours, and cruises (in season) to spot whales, dugongs, and dolphins. Children can join junior ranger or kids' club activities. Free fishing classes and boat rentals are available: resort chefs will even cook your catch. Hire canoes, catamarans, and snorkeling gear, or get pampered at the spa. There are medical facilities, an ATM, and a general store and post office on-site. Seabelle's excellent menu ($$$) showcases native ingredients and local seafood, with vegetarian options; Maheno restaurant is big on regional produce, and puts on elaborate buffet dinners on Friday and Saturday night. The Dingo Bar nightclub is a short shuttle-bus ride from reception. Accommodation-meal packages are available, and special deals are regularly on offer through the resort's website.
- Address: North White Cliffs, 75 Mile Beach, Fraser Island, QLD | Map It
- Phone: 07/4194–9300; 1800/072–555
- Website: www.kingfisherbay.com
- Location: Fraser Island
- 152 rooms, 109 villas, 184 beds in lodges (for 18–35s).
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hi, I am planning a trip to Australia end of May for about 12 days. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more