Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village
At a Glance
- terrific facilities and activities
- food is a cut above
- west-coast beaches unsuitable for 4WD vehicles
- can be short staffed during busy periods
Check Rates from our Partners
Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village Review
This stylish, high-tech marriage of glass, stainless steel, dark timber, and corrugated iron nestles in tree-covered dunes on the island's west coast. The impressive lobby, with its cathedral ceiling and polished floorboards, leads out to wraparound decks with outdoor dining areas and one of the resort's four pools. Lodgings include elegantly furnished standard rooms with balconies, lovely villas, and wilderness lodges for groups. Rangers conduct informative 4WD eco tours, free nature walks, spotlighting tours, and cruises (in season) to spot whales, dugongs, and dolphins. Children can join junior ranger or kids' club activities. Free fishing classes and boat rentals are available: resort chefs will even cook your catch. Hire canoes, catamarans, and snorkeling gear, or get pampered at the spa. There are medical facilities, an ATM, and a general store and post office on-site. Seabelle's excellent menu ($$$) showcases native ingredients and local seafood, with vegetarian options; Maheno restaurant is big on regional produce, and puts on elaborate buffet dinners on Friday and Saturday night. The Dingo Bar nightclub is a short shuttle-bus ride from reception. Accommodation-meal packages are available, and special deals are regularly on offer through the resort's website.
- Address: North White Cliffs, 75 Mile Beach, Fraser Island, QLD | Map It
- Phone: 07/4194–9300; 1800/072–555
- Website: www.kingfisherbay.com
- Location: Fraser Island
- 152 rooms, 109 villas, 184 beds in lodges (for 18–35s).
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
My uncle and aunt are taking a cruise - they want to stay at least one night in Sydney at end of cruise.
Have you done this? What hotel did u stay at?
Thank you for your help. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more