- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
CountryLink trains make the 14-hour journey between Sydney and Brisbane. Rail services from Brisbane city and airport to the Gold Coast run regularly from 5:30 am until midnight. The Sunlander plies Queensland's coast from Brisbane to Cairns three times weekly, taking 31 hours. All trains include the option of luxurious Queenslander-class carriages with twin-berth sleeping cabins and fine food and wine. The speedy, state-of-the-art Tilt Train runs from Brisbane to Rockhampton daily except Saturday; to Bundaberg Monday-Thursday; and to Cairns (a 24-hour trip) Monday and Friday nights, stopping at Mackay, Proserpine, and Townsville as well as other towns.
Other long-distance passenger trains from Brisbane include the Westlander, to and from Charleville (twice weekly); and the Spirit of the Outback, to and from Longreach, via Rockhampton (twice weekly). Trains depart from Roma Street Station
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's