- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Queensland Cultural Centre
Queensland Cultural Centre Review
This really is a collection of centers and facilities: the Queensland Museum South Bank and Sciencentre, the architecturally renowned State Library of Queensland, and the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) are all here, as well as the Queensland Art Gallery, and, a short stroll away, the world famous Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA). There's also a host of restaurants, cafés, shops selling quality gifts, art posters, books and cards, a ticketing agent (within QPAC), public-access computer terminals, and various interesting public spaces. The Centre houses significant art, cultural, indigenous and historic collections, most of which can be viewed free of charge and without advance bookings. Green Cabs (modern rickshaws) are a fun and unique way to get around and sightsee. From the Cultural Centre forecourt, they'll ferry passengers anywhere between West End and Fortitude Valley.
- Address: Melbourne St. at Grey St, Southbank, South Brisbane, Brisbane, QLD 4101 | Map It
- Phone: 07/3840–7303 (galleries); 07/3840–7555 (museum); 07/3840–7810 (library); 07/3840–7482 (performing arts center)
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Galleries weekdays 10–5, weekends 9–5; museum daily 9:30–5; library Mon.–Thurs. 10–8, Fri.–Sun. 10–5.
- Website: www.qag.qld.gov.au
- Location: Brisbane
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more