- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Brisbane
Enjoying the Outdoors: Choose from rain forests and reefs, unspoiled beaches and islands, rushing rivers, dramatic gorges, distinctive wildlife, hiking, and water sports.
Experiencing the Laid-Back Vibe: Queensland's communities have affable, relaxed locals, even at the upmarket hotels and fine-dining restaurants of Brisbane and resort areas.
Releasing Your Inner Child: Queensland's Gold Coast is abuzz with world-class theme parks—from thrill rides, watery attractions, to Outback-inspired extravaganzas.
Seeing Wildlife: Head out to the southern end of the Reef for millions of fish, rays, turtles, and cetaceans; on the mainland, watch for rare birds and mammals, endangered frogs, dingoes, and koalas.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's