Water Sports in Brisbane
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Moreton Bay. A half-hour's drive east of Brisbane city brings you to Moreton Bay, stretching 125 km (78 miles) from the Gold Coast to the Sunshine Coast. A number of operators based in Brisbane's bayside suburbs—Manly, Redcliffe, Sandgate—run sailing, diving, sightseeing, and whale- and dolphin-watching trips around the Bay, and trips to its various islands. Some cruises include tours of St. Helena Island's historic prison ruins; others visit Moreton Island, where you can toboggan down massive white sand-dunes. Moreton Bay, QLD.
Moreton Bay Escapes. Moreton Bay Escapes runs tours and charters around Moreton Island National Park that includes 4WD-driving, snorkelling, and sand-boarding. They'll also tailor excursions to incorporate hiking, sea-kayaking, birdwatching, and swimming with dolphins. Moreton Bay, QLD. 1300/559–355. www.moretonbayescapes.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's