Adventure in Brisbane
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kangaroo Point cliffs, near the city center, are ideal for climbing and abseiling. You can canoe or kayak on the Brisbane River; and numerous scenic bushwalking, climbing, and abseiling sites lie less than 90 minutes' drive from Brisbane. Government-run Outdoors Queensland (www.qorf.org.au) gives regional information and lists businesses offering adventure activities from hiking to horse riding.
Adventures Around Brisbane. Adventures Around Brisbane runs daily rock-climbing and abseiling sessions off Kangaroo Point cliffs, day and moonlight canoe tours along the Brisbane River, and bushwalks and adventure daytrips to the scenic Glass House Mountains and Mt. Tinbeerwah. 1800/689–453 or 0421/152–147. www.adventuresaroundbrisbane.com.au. A$79 3-hour rock-climbing session or A$35 night-time introductory climb, A$69 2-hour sunset abseil, A$99–A$109 day tours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe