Adventure in Brisbane
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kangaroo Point cliffs, near the city center, are ideal for climbing and abseiling. You can canoe or kayak on the Brisbane River; and numerous scenic bushwalking, climbing, and abseiling sites lie less than 90 minutes' drive from Brisbane. Government-run Outdoors Queensland (www.qorf.org.au) gives regional information and lists businesses offering adventure activities from hiking to horse riding.
Adventures Around Brisbane. Adventures Around Brisbane runs daily rock-climbing and abseiling sessions off Kangaroo Point cliffs, as well as bushwalks and adventure daytrips to the scenic Glass House Mountains and Mt. Maroon. River Tce., Kangaroo Point, Brisbane, QLD, 4169. 1800/689–453. www.adventuresaroundbrisbane.com.au. A$79 2-hour rock-climbing session, A$79 2-hour sunset abseil, A$135–A$500 day tours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's