As in the States, most people drive here, so train services aren't brilliant and can often cost more than other options. It is possible to travel by train to the Blue Mountains with Sydney's Cityrail commuter trains. CountryLink trains link Sydney to towns in the Hunter Valley and towns along the North Coast. Canberra is not a convenient destination to get to by train, so unless you're a rail enthusiast, it's quicker to drive or catch a bus.
Cityrail (13-1500. www.cityrail.info.)
CountryLink (13-2232. www.countrylink.info.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe