New South Wales is peppered with airports, so flying is the easiest way to get around if you're traveling long distances. Prices are generally low, thanks to the budget airlines. From Sydney, REX (Regional Express) Airlines services Ballina and Lismore (both about ½ hour from Byron Bay). Qantas flies into Canberra, Port Macquarie, and Coffs Harbour, while Virgin Australia (formerly Virgin Blue) flies into Canberra, Port Macquarie, Ballina, and Coffs Harbour.
Qantas Airways (13–1313. www.qantas.com.au.)
REX Airlines (13–1713. www.regionalexpress.com.au.)
Virgin Australia (13–6789. www.virginaustralia.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's