Bistro Molines Review
Local French-born celebrity chef Robert Molines, who used to run Roberts Restaurant, has a restaurant on the grounds of the lovely Tallavera vineyard, which might just have one of the best views in the valley. Make sure you nab a table on or near the veranda. Food isn't overly complicated or styled, which fits nicely with the relaxed (but professional) service. The twice-roasted Hunter duckling on braised cabbage is delicious, while seafood fans will love the fillet of Red Emperor with Hervey Bay scallops. Those who want a nap after a long lunch, or don't want to drive home, might want to book into the two-bedroom cottage (operated by Robert and his wife Sally) that's just a stroll from the restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more