Roberts Restaurant Review
This restaurant in grapevine-covered, 1876-built Pepper Tree Cottage wins the ambience award hands down. Although chef Robert Molines departed a few years ago to start his own restaurant, Roberts had such a loyal following that the name stayed with the cute cottage. The seasonal Mod-Oz menu draws inspiration from regional recipes of France and Italy and applies it to local game, seafood, beef, and lamb. A good choice is the chef speciality duck breast roulade with ham or the blue-eye travalla served with Thai green curry and mussels. The cozy fireside lounge is perfect for enjoying after-dinner liqueurs, or another wine from the extensive wine list, many of which come from nearby Tower Estate, which owns the restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When should you go?... Read more