Conservation Hut Review
From its prime spot in Blue Mountains National Park, on a cliff overlooking the Jamison Valley, this spacious, mud-brick bistro serves simple, savory fare. Lovely breakfast dishes include herbed mushrooms with a poached egg and roast tomatoes on toast. For lunch and dinner (the latter served only on Friday and Saturday nights in summer; two-courses A$45 and three-courses A$60), dig into hearty soups, beef pies, or seared ocean trout with chervil and potato rosti. Be sure to save room for the dessert cakes. An open balcony is a delight on warm days, and a fire blazes in the cooler months. A hiking trail from the bistro leads down into the Valley of the Waters, one of the splendors of the mountains. It's a wonderful pre- or post-meal walk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more