Blu Cruzin' Harley Davidson Tours. Nothing beats zooming along Cliff Drive and through the Megalong Valley on the back of a Harley Davidson. You'll feel like one of the boys from Easy Rider on a "soft tail" Harley (the same bike as in the movie) or a Fat Boy. Owned by locals who know the area well, the most popular two-hour ride is a round-trip from Katoomba to the towns of Blackheath, Mount Victoria, and historic Hartley. The two-hour ride costs A$180 per bike for one bike, or Ar A$165 per bike for two bikes.There are also 1-, 1.5-, 3-, and 4-hour rides. Katoomba, NSW. 0403 413 714 or 0409 404 055.
Blue Mountains Adventure Company. The well-established Blue Mountains Adventure Company (which operates in partnership with Wild at Heart Safaris) runs abseiling, rock-climbing, canyoning, bushwalking, and mountain-biking trips. A full-day abseiling adventure is A$150, while bushwalking is A$130 and both include lunch, snacks and all equipment needed. There are both introductory and intermediate levels of canyoning from A$165; you'll visit such places as Empress Falls or Serendipity Canyon. 84A Bathurst Rd., Katoomba, NSW, 2780. 02/4782-1271. www.bmac.com.au.
Blue Mountains Explorer Bus. This company operates the signature red buses coming out of Katoomba and running at regular intervals throughout the region. Different pass types are available that are tailored from everything from single rides to week-long passes. 283 Main St., Katoomba, NSW, 2780. 1300/300-915. www.explorerbus.com.au.
High n Wild. High n Wild conducts rappelling, canyoning, rock-climbing, and mountain-biking tours throughout the year. One-day rappelling trips cost A$150; combination rappelling and canyoning tours cost A$165. 3/5 Katoomba St., Katoomba, NSW, 2780. 02/4782-6224. www.high-n-wild.com.au.
Trolley Tours. These purple hop-on, hop-off trolleys operate on a convenient circuit throughout Katoomba and Leura, stopping at the major points of interest. Main St., Katoomba, NSW, 2780. 1800/801-577. www.trolleytours.com.au.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore