Tread Lightly Eco Tours. Tread Lightly Eco Tours operates small-group tours of the Blue Mountains National Park and guided day and night walks as well as four-wheel-drive tours. Half- or full-day walking tours take in itineraries such as Fern Bower, Blue Gum Forest, and the Ruin Castle, starting at A$135 per person with lunch. 100 Great Western Hwy., Medlow Bath, NSW, 2780. 02/4788-1229 or 0414/976752. www.treadlightly.com.au.
Blue Mountains Walkabout. Experience the Blue Mountains from an Aboriginal perspective with the Blue Mountains Walkabout. These challenging one-day walks follow a traditional walkabout song line. Indigenous guides take you on a 7-km (4.5 mi) off-track walk through rain forests while giving some background on Aboriginal culture. You'll also taste bush tucker. The walk involves some scrambling, so you need to be fit. Box 519, Springwood, Katoomba, NSW, 2777. 0408/433822. www.bluemountainswalkabout.com. A$95.
Blue Mountains Guides. Seven-day odysseys and easier walks are offered by Blue Mountain Guides. The half-day Grand Canyon Walk near Blackheath (A$135) is a great way to experience the rain forest if time is short. 2/187 Katoomba St., Katoomba, Katoomba, NSW, 2780. 02/4782–6307. www.bluemountainsguides.com.au.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Four-Wheel Drives
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe