Megalong Australian Heritage Centre. The Megalong Australian Heritage Centre, in a deep mountain valley off the Great Western Highway, is the place to saddle up and explore a country property. Both adults and children can go horseback riding around the farm's 2,000 acres, with prices ranging from A$50 for an hour's wilderness ride to A$195 for a day ride with lunch provided. There are pony rides for younger children. The on-site farm is closed for renovations at this writing. Megalong Rd., Megalong Valley, NSW, 2785. 15 km (9 mi) south of Blackheath. 02/4787–8188. www.megalongcc.com.au. Free for heritage center, horse riding for day A$195. Daily 9–5.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe