Megalong Australian Heritage Centre. This rural farm in a deep mountain valley off the Great Western Highway is the place to saddle up, hit a walking trail, or cycle on mountain trails. Both adults and children can go horseback riding around the farm's 2,000 acres, with prices ranging from A$50 for an hour's wilderness ride to A$95 for the most popular two-hour ride; a one-hour ride with picnic lunch is A$195 for two people. One-hour interpretative bushwalk and mountain-bike rentals are each A$50 for an hour, with longer rentals and walks available. You can also camp overnight on the property, with all equipment supplied. 993 Megalong Rd., Megalong Valley, NSW, 2785. 15 km (9 miles) south of Blackheath. 02/4787–8188. www.megalongcc.com.au. Daily 9–5.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's