Sydney Tower Review
Short of taking a scenic flight, a visit to the top of this 309-meter (1,000 foot) golden-turret-topped spike is the best way to see Sydney's spectacular layout. This is the city's tallest building, and the views from its indoor observation deck encompass the entire Sydney metropolitan area. You can often see as far as the Blue Mountains, more than 80 km (50 mi) away. You can view it all from the Sydney Tower Eye Observation Deck 820 feet above the city streets, or for the real adrenaline don a saftety harness and do the Sky Walk, a guided walk around the outside of the golden turret some 880 feet above the city. Walkers are attached to the tower's superstructure by harness lines. A combination ticket for Sky Walk, the Eye Observation Deck (which includes a 4D cinema), and three other Sydney attractions—including SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium—is a great deal at A$99 when purchased online. The building houses two restaurants in the turret.
- Address: 100 Market St., between Pitt and Castlereagh Sts., City Center, Sydney, NSW | Map It
- Phone: 02/9333–9222
- Cost: Eye Observation deck A$26, with SkyWalk A$69; cheaper tickets available on line
- Hours: Sydney Tower Daily 9 am–10:30 pm. Skywalk daily 9:30 am–8:45 pm
- Website: www.sydneytowereye.com.au
- Location: Sydney City Center