- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sydney Tower Review
Short of taking a scenic flight, a visit to the top of this 309-meter (1,000 foot) golden-turret-topped spike is the best way to see Sydney's spectacular layout. This is the city's tallest building, and the views from its indoor observation deck encompass the entire Sydney metropolitan area. You can often see as far as the Blue Mountains, more than 80 km (50 mi) away. You can view it all from the Sydney Tower Eye Observation Deck 820 feet above the city streets, or for the real adrenaline don a saftety harness and do the Sky Walk, a guided walk around the outside of the golden turret some 880 feet above the city. Walkers are attached to the tower's superstructure by harness lines. A combination ticket for Sky Walk, the Eye Observation Deck (which includes a 4D cinema), and three other Sydney attractions—including SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium—is a great deal at A$99 when purchased online. The building houses two restaurants in the turret.
- Address: 100 Market St., between Pitt and Castlereagh Sts. City Center, Sydney, NSW | Map It
- Phone: 02/9333–9222
- Cost: Eye Observation deck A$26, with SkyWalk A$69; cheaper tickets available on line
- Hours: Sydney Tower Daily 9 am–10:30 pm. Skywalk daily 9:30 am–8:45 pm
- Website: www.sydneytowereye.com.au
- Location: Sydney City Center
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more