- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- in-room entertainment systems, great service, free Wi-Fi in public areas
- slightly corporate feel
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin Sydney Review
The Westin hotel chain is renowned for its heavenly beds—in Sydney it offers heavenly service, too. The staff here is cool, efficient, capable, and stylish as at a boutique hotel, but without the hipper-than-thou attitude. Located on stately Martin Place in the center of Sydney's central business district, the hotel's 31-story building incorporates the ornate, Victorian-era shell of Sydney's former General Post Office and has recently restored its bell tower. Heritage Rooms, in the original building, have soaring ceilings, tall windows, and opulent decor. High-design Tower Rooms have stainless steel, aquamarine glass, and floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic city views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more