- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Red Lantern on Crown
Red Lantern on Crown Review
Owned by Vietnamese TV chef Luke Nguyen, this little restaurant with bright red walls and lanterns is popular with his legions of TV fans. Diners should always start with the country's great export, rice paper rolls. Here you can have them filled with roast duck, enoki mushrooms and herbs, or prawns and pork. A recommended main is the ultratasty go chien don—crispy skinned chicken slowly poached in master stock with ginger, shallot and oyster sauce. An usual but yummy dessert is the black sesame seed dumplings with black seasame seed ice cream. For the full range of flavors, there's a tasting menu of nine dishes for A$60 per person (desserts an extra A$10).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more