- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Orbit Lounge Bar and Tapas
Orbit Lounge Bar and Tapas Review
On Level 47 of the Australia Square building, Orbit has been a Sydney icon for more than 40 years. It has floor-to-ceiling windows and, like Sydney Tower, it revolves. The design, to match the name, is Space Age, inspired by the Stanly Kubrick movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, with white retro furniture and plush red carpet. This is a dressed-up bar perfect for a pre- or postdinner drink. It's open weekdays from 10 am for coffee and lunch and from 5 pm until late every night for tapas (from A$13 a plate) and cocktails.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more