- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This mutlilevel complex of bars, pubs, and eateries—in an ultrahip George Street complex—is run by prince Justin Hemmes (owner of Establishment and Hemmesphere). Cocktails are great, but expensive, and the crowd varies depending on night. If you don't fancy this bar, then there's the decadent Pool bar on the top floor, where if you get there early you can recline in your own cabano overlooking the swiming pool. Also on-site are the Den (a lavish bar with chaise lounge furniture, chandeliers, and cigar menu), the casual Royal George pub, and the newly opened Ash Street Cellar bistro. Add to all these watering-hole options A$12 jugs of beer, music most nights, and all-you-can-eat promos (at around A$20).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more