- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mere Catherine Review
You won't find the number of this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant in any trendy young thing's speed dial, but it is beloved by legions of fans who rejoiced when it reopened a couple of years ago. The decor is retro 1970s, and the dishes are classic French—onion soup, pâté, escargots, duck a l'orange, tarragon chicken, chateaubriand, and crème caramel for dessert. It only seats 14 in a tiny space that is akin to dining in some French family's home. The windows have lace curtains, the tables are candlelit, so come with someone you love and soak in the romantic atmosphere to the strains of Edith Piaf in the background.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more