- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Camp Cove Review
Just inside South Head, this crescent beach is where Sydney's fashionable people come to watch and be seen. The gentle slope and calm water make it a safe playground for children. A shop at the northern end of the beach sells salad rolls and fresh fruit juices. The grassy hill at the southern end of the beach has a plaque to commemorate the spot where Captain Arthur Phillip, the commander of the First Fleet, first set foot inside Port Jackson. Parking is limited; arrive by car after 10 on weekends, and keep in mind it's a long walk to the beach. Dive company Abyss (02/9588-9662) operates an easy dive off the beach here. Take Bus 324 or 325 from Circular Quay.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I will be heading to Australia in 6 short days. Read more
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
We will be in Christchurch for 2 nights in February, and want to be in walking distance of the Canterbury Museum area. Read more
· News & Features
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early ... Read more
Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way.... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more