- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grab an outdoor table by the harbor or beach—in an elegant restaurant or beachside burger shack—and savor all that Sydney has to offer; dining alfresco is the Aussie version of heaven!
Two Sydney Harbour areas are chock-full of outstanding outdoor dining spots: the Overseas Passenger Terminal where cruise ships dock, and East Circular Quay on the concourse leading from the ferry terminal to the Opera House. They're almost smack opposite each other and are packed with indoor-outdoor upscale eateries. For a cheap snack and an amazing view, stop by the Boathouse Café and Restaurant in Nielsen Park.
Another favorite option is one of the many casual cafés around Bondi and Manly Beach. The Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf has several alfresco restaurants, the most popular—and a celebrity haunt—being Otto.
The Middle Harbor beach of Balmoral has some lovely cafés and restaurants with great views out to the Sydney Heads.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's