- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Sydney
A Harbor Sail: Take a ferry, sail a yacht, or paddle a kayak, but make sure you get out into Sydney Harbour. It's a glorious sight. Check out the Sydney Harbour section for tours of the harbor by boat.
Exquisite Dining: Sydney restaurants are among the finest eateries in the world. The harbor shines with gems like Aria and Guillaume at Bennelong, and mouthwatering smells waft though the air in the trendy food burbs of Surry Hills and Darlinghurst.
Glorious Beaches: Sydneysiders are besotted by the beach, and you'll be, too. With 40 to choose from, including world-famous Bondi, you can watch surfers ride the waves or paddle around the calmer waters of a sheltered harbor beach.
National Parks and Wildlife: Sydney's untamed beauty is close at hand. See native birds and colorful wildflowers just a few miles from the city; you may even spot a kangaroo in the Royal National Park.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe