Windsurfing in Sydney
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Balmoral Windsurfing, Sailing, and Kayak School. Balmoral Windsurfing, Sailing, and Kayak School runs classes from its base at this north-side harbor beach. Private windsurfing lessons are A$130 per hour, sailing from A$295 for four hours of lessons over a two-day period. Stand-up paddle boards and kayaks can be rented out for A$30 and A$25 per hour respectively. The Esplanade, Balmoral Beach, Sydney, NSW, 2088. 02/9960–5344. www.sailboard.net.au.
Rose Bay Aquatic Hire. Rose Bay Aquatic Hire has joined forces with kayak operator Oz Paddle. They now rent motorboats, kayaks and standup paddleboards. Motorboats are A$100 for the first two hours; kayaks are A$20 an hour, as are paddleboards. Whatever mode of transport chosen, an hour or two on Sydney's beautiful harbor is time well spent. 1 Vickery Ave., Rose Bay, Sydney, NSW, 2029. 04/1623–9543 or 04/1612–3339. www.rosebayaquatichire.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's