Surfing in Sydney
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
All Sydney surfers have their favorite breaks, but you can usually count on good waves on at least one of the city's ocean beaches.
Lets Go Surfing. Lets Go Surfing is a complete surfing resource for anyone who wants to hang five with confidence. Lessons are available for all ages and you can rent or buy boards and wet suits. The two-hour beginner surfer lesson, in a small group, is A$99, but the better deal is the 3 x two-hour lesson deal at A$215, which is valid for six months. 128 Ramsgate Ave., North Bondi, Sydney, NSW, 2026. 02/9365–1800. www.letsgosurfing.com.au.
Manly Surf School. Manly Surf School conducts courses for adults and children, and provides all equipment, including wet suits. Adults can join a two-hour group lesson (four per day) for A$60. Private instruction costs A$90 per hour. North Steyne Surf Club, Manly Beach, Manly, Sydney, NSW, 2095. 02/9977–6977. www.manlysurfschool.com.
Rip Curl. This store has a huge variety of boards and surfing supplies, incuding cool clothes. It's right at Bondi Beach. 82 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW, 2026. 02/9130–2660. www.ripcurl.com.au.
Surfection Bondi Beach. Here is every surfer's idea of retail heaven–surfboards and cool clothing all housed in one huge sparkling new store. 31 Hall Street, Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW, 2026. 02/9130–1051.
Swellnet. A website with surf reports and weather details. www.swellnet.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's