Cricket in Sydney
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cricket is Sydney's summer sport, and it's often played in parks throughout the nation. For Australians the pinnacle of excitement is the Ashes, when the national cricket team takes the field against England. It happens every other summer, and the two nations take turns hosting the event. Cricket season runs from October through March.
Sydney Cricket Ground. International test series games are played at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Moore Park Rd., Centennial Park, Paddington, Sydney, NSW, 2010. 02/9360-6601. www.sydneycricketground.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe