Boating and Sailing in Sydney
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Sailing
EastSail. EastSail rents bareboat sailing and motored yachts from about A$655 per half day (four hours); a manned yacht costs around A$915 for four hours and includes nine sailor and the skipper. It also conducts sailing schools. D'Albora Marine, New Beach Rd., Rushcutters Bay, eastern suburbs, Sydney, NSW, 2027. 02/9327–1166. www.eastsail.com.au.
Northside Sailing School. Northside Sailing School at Middle Harbour teaches dinghy sailing to individuals and children's groups. You can learn the ropes in a two-hour, one-on-one private lesson from A$110. The Spit, 77 Parriwi Road, Mosman, Sydney, NSW, 2088. 02/9969–3972. www.northsidesailing.com.au.
Sydney Harbour Kayaks. Sydney Harbour Kayaks rents one- and two-person kayaks. The location beside Spit Bridge offers calm water for novices, as well as several beaches and idyllic coves. Prices per hour start from A$20 for a one-person kayak and A$40 for a double. Guided 4-hour tours depart every Saturday and Sunday at 8:30 am ($A99 per person). Novices can take part in three-hour free lessons (A$50 for kayak hire). 81 Parriwi Rd., Mosman, Sydney, NSW, 2088. 02/9969–4590. www.sydneyharbourkayaks.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's