Ca Marche Review
This prix-fixe restaurant in the lovely Cassegrain winery, a 20-minute drive south of Port Macquarie, has always been popular at lunch as diners gaze out over the sundrenched vines and formal gardens. You may want to go all French and start with the escargot (snails cooked in their shells with garlic, parsley butter, and Pernod), or try the local Camden Haven oysters instead. Starters include exceptional confit duck salad and steak tartare, while a hearty main is the local eye fillet of beef with brandy sauce. The vineyard produces a wide variety of wines including Chardonnay, Verdelho, and Rose, and the cellar door offers daily tastings from 9–5. The restaurant will open for bookings of 20 or more.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more