This lovely indoor-outdoor restaurant is run by chef Stephen Sia, who specializes in both Italian and Malaysian fare, with an emphasis on seafood—there's always something to suit all palates. Start with the salt-and-pepper squid or the Asian spring rolls. A bit spicier is the Malaysia seafood curry, which brims with shrimp, squid, fish, potatoes, and rice. Succulent pork belly and Asian-style chicken and basil please those not keen on fish, while seafood lovers relish the fresh-caught kingfish, yellowfin tuna, deep-sea cod, and trevally. Note the many blackboard specials, too. Stephen sources excellent island produce from local growers, everything from silver beets to eggs to strawberries. Regulars rave about the coconut-custard pie with ice cream.
- Address: Pandanus Lodge, Anderson Road, Lord Howe Island, ACT 2898
- Phone: 02/6563–2400
- Location: Lord Howe Island
- No lunch Sun.–Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more