Greenback's Eatery Review
Named after a Lord Howe Island fishing vessel, Greenback's Eatery naturally specializes in fresh fish. This casual spot, basically a verandah attached to boat owner Dave Gardiner's house, is open five nights a week—the menu goes something like this: Tuesday and Friday set menu of either two or three courses, which may include sashimi or carpaccio, tempura fish, and perhaps sticky-date pudding or rosewater panna cotta; Thursdays and Saturdays feature fish, chips, and salad; Sunday is a buffet where, apart from fish, steak is available. Patrons can bring their own wine or beer. Dave also runs cooking classes on Tuesday afternoons, when you can learn to cook a number of dishes and then enjoy a three-course meal, all for A$150 per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more