Greenback's Eatery Review
Named after a Lord Howe Island fishing vessel, Greenback's Eatery naturally specializes in fresh fish. This casual spot, basically a verandah attached to boat owner Dave Gardiner's house, is open five nights a week—the menu goes something like this: Tuesday and Friday set menu of either two or three courses, which may include sashimi or carpaccio, tempura fish, and perhaps sticky-date pudding or rosewater panna cotta; Thursdays and Saturdays feature fish, chips, and salad; Sunday is a buffet where, apart from fish, steak is available. Patrons can bring their own wine or beer. Dave also runs cooking classes on Tuesday afternoons, when you can learn to cook a number of dishes and then enjoy a three-course meal, all for A$150 per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more