Meaning "rural" in Italian, this lushly decorated restaurant with stunning views over Newcastle Beach is a notable new entry in the city's expanding dining scene. The restaurant serves cuisine inspired by the Mediterranean, from the shores of northern Africa to the foothills of Tuscany. The seasonal menu has featured Moroccan vegetable and chickpea tagine with pistachio, pan-roasted pork medallions, and slow-roasted lamb shoulder, and desserts such as orange blossom pavlova and white-chocolate mousse. The rich, Spanish-inspired interior design includes a retro Mediterranean map on the wall, brass sculptures, and a tiled bar adorned with a bull's head, while the outdoor look is pure Australian beach culture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's