Pet Porpoise Pool
Pet Porpoise Pool Review
Near the port in Coffs Harbour, the Pet Porpoise Pool aquarium includes colorful reef fish, turtles, seals, penguins, baby crocodiles, and dolphins. Shows take place daily at 10 and 1, and visitors are advised to arrive 30 minutes earlier to get a good seat and receive free "dolphin kisses" from the cute critters before each show. Children may help feed and "shake hands" with dolphins, as well as interact with the seals. You can swim, pat and play ball with the dolphin and seals in special group encounters if you book in advance. These sessions vary in price depending on time of year—during peak holiday season, seal encounters cost A$250 per person and dolphin encounters run around A$400 per person. The company's official name is Dolphin Marine Magic, and while most signs still point the way to Pet Porpoise Pool, they're planning eventually to change to the new name.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more