Fig Tree Restaurant & Rooms
Fig Tree Restaurant & Rooms Review
In this century-old farmhouse with distant views of Byron Bay the draw is upmarket Mod-Oz cuisine blending Asian and Mediterranean flavors. Produce fresh from the owners' farm is featured on the menu, along with locally produced Bangalow duck, Bangalow pork belly, and Binna Burra sirlion steak. À la carte choices also include field and forest mushroom risotto and slow-roasted shoulder of lamb. There are inexpensive set menus throughout the week, including the four-course farmer's market menu on Thursday (A$55 for four courses; A$75 for six courses). As the name suggests, the restaurant also has accommodation: the Dairy and the House, two cottages that have wonderful views and can both sleep up to eight people; prices are from A$400 a night in the holiday season of Christmas, January and Easter with a minimum of two nights. The restaurant and rooms are 5 km (3 mi) inland from Byron Bay at Ewingsdale.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more