Getting Here and Around
It's a 5½-hour drive from Sydney heading north on the Pacific Highway. Greyhound and Premier Motor Service run coaches from Sydney Central Station. CountryLink trains operate three services daily between Sydney and the North Coast, though there is no direct train to Port Macquarie. Passengers have to take the train to Wauchope station and then a bus to Port Macquarie, which makes the journey seven hours long. Busway Buses travel from Port Macquarie to nearby towns and also to Coffs Harbour and Grafton. Timetables are available at the Greater Port Macquarie Visitor Centre or online. Qantas and Virgin Australia have flights from Sydney.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe