Port Macquarie Cruise Adventures. Majestic humpback whales migrate past Port Macquarie nonstop from May to the end of November and Cruise Adventures offers great-value cruises on their fast 12-seater boats (A$30) for 1½ hours and cruises on a larger boat the Discovery (A$35) for 2 hours. The company also has both long and short cruises to see local bottlenose dolphins, which can be spotted year-round; these start at A$15 for a two-hour trip. Short Street Wharf, Port Macquarie, NSW, 2444. 1300/555890. www.cruiseadventures.com.au..
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's