Getting Here & Around
This city of about 500,000 is easy to navigate, as the harbor area and city center are just 3 km (2 miles) from the beaches, and buses run between them. Hunter Street—the main artery—and the railway line from Sydney both run parallel to the harbor, and it's only a 5-minute walk from harbor to downtown. Trains stop at two stations in the city center, and buses travel from Hunter Street to Darby Street, the main shopping and dining area.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe