Getting Here & Around
This city of about 500,000 is easy to navigate, as the harbor area and city center are just 3 km (2 miles) from the beaches, and buses run between them. Hunter Street—the main artery—and the railway line from Sydney both run parallel to the harbor, and it's only a 5-minute walk from harbor to downtown. Trains stop at two stations in the city center, and buses travel from Hunter Street to Darby Street, the main shopping and dining area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's