The warm seas around Coffs Harbour make this particular part of the coast, with its moray eels, manta rays, turtles, and gray nurse sharks, a scuba diver's favorite. Best are the Solitary Islands, 7–21 km (4½–13 mi) offshore.
Jetty Dive Centre. This outfitter rents gear, schedules scuba and snorkeling trips, and hosts certification classes.A double-dive trip costs A$120; a one-day learn-to-dive course is A$249, There are also whale and dolphin watching cruises from June to October from A$59. 398 Harbour Dr., Coffs Harbour, NSW, 2450. 02/6651–1611. www.jettydive.com.au.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's