Getting Here and Around
Byron is the North Coast's most popular destination, and is well served by buses and trains from Sydney and Coffs Harbour. If driving, the journey takes 11 hours from Sydney and 3½ hours from Coffs Harbour. The closest airports are at Ballina and Lismore, both a 30-minute drive away. Virgin Australia and Jetstar both fly to Ballina, while REX flies from Sydney to Lismore. All the usual car companies are there, or you could get a taxi into Byron or take a Ballina-Byron shuttle bus (operated by Byron Easy Bus) for A$15 one-way. For tourist information, the Byron Visitor Centre is open daily 9–5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe