The best local diving is at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve, some 3 km (2 mi) offshore, where the confluence of warm and cold currents supports a profusion of marine life.
Byron Bay Dive Centre. Byron Bay Dive Centre has snorkeling and scuba-diving trips for all levels of experience, plus gear rental and instruction. 9 Marvel St., Byron Bay, NSW, 2481. 02/6685-8333 or 1800/243483. www.byronbaydivecentre.com.au.
Sundive. Sundive is a PADI dive center with courses for all levels of divers, as well as boat dives and snorkel trips. 8 Middleton St., Byron Bay, NSW, 2481. 02/6685-7755 or 1800/008755. www.sundive.com.au.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe