North Coast Travel Guide
The North Coast is one of the most glorious and seductive stretches of terrain in Australia, stretching almost 600 km (373 mi) up to the Queensland border. An almost continuous line of beaches defines the coast, with the Great Dividing Range rising to the west. These natural borders frame a succession of rolling green pasturelands, mossy rain forests, towns dotted by red-roof houses, and waterfalls that tumble in glistening arcs from the escarpment.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best North Coast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in North Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights ... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe