New South Wales Feature
Top Reasons to Go to New South Wales
Getting in Touch with Nature: Exotic birds are prolific in the Blue Mountains and North Coast regions, and Canberra isn't known as the "Bush Capital" for nothing.
The Great Australian Bite: Fine restaurants have taken root in the Hunter Valley, as well as in the North Coast towns of Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay. Seafood can be excellent, and don't miss fish-and-chips on the beach.
Outdoor Adventure: The region's mountains and national parks offer opportunities for walks and hikes, horseback riding, rappelling, canyoning, and rock climbing. Outdoorsy folks will enjoy Canberra's wide-open spaces and cycling or walking around the city's Lake Burley Griffin.
World-Class Wineries: The Hunter Valley has an international reputation for producing excellent Chardonnay, Shiraz, and a dry Semillon.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's