- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A convenient (and fun!) way to see the major sights of Canberra is with the Canberra Explorer Bus, operated by Canberra Day Tours, which makes a regular circuit around the major attractions. Tickets are A$35, and you can hop on and off all day. Destiny Tours offers ghost tours and other outings that explore the weirder side of the nation's capital.
The impressive Canberra and Region Visitor Centre, open weekdays 9-5 and weekends 9-4, is a convenient stop for those entering Canberra by road from Sydney or the north. The staff makes accommodation bookings for Canberra.
Canberra Day Tours (0418/455-099. www.canberradaytours.com.au.)
Destiny Tours (02/9487-2895. www.destinytours.com.au.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe